We have been informed recently that the Mailstart + and DM60 (K722) franking machines have an important system update available. This update will need to be applied to your Mailstart + and DM60 (K722) as soon as possible so that it meets the latest Royal Mail Mailmark requirements and to ensure it is ready for any future changes. In order for all our customers who use the Mailstart + franking machine and the DM60 (K722) franking machine to use the new software, you MUST follow the guide below.
This important system update is available to download from Monday 23rd November 2015 and it MUST be updated by Saturday 5th December 2015. Please can all our Mailstart + users and DM60 users complete the appropriate actions for this update by 5th December 2015 to ensure your franking machine is fully compliant.
The update will approximately take 10 - 15 minutes to complete.
You may need to make two connections to complete the download of your new software.
2. If you’re not already connected, connect your meter as you would when adding postage.
2. At your meter, conduct a Balance Enquiry like so.
1a. Press the Funds key
2b. Press the Review down arrow key until you see “Check balance available?”.
2c. Press Enter/yes. Your meter will connect with the Data Centre and display this message: Checking PbP Account Balances...
3. When connection is complete, your Postage by Phone account balance will appear. At the Postage by Phone balance screen press no key to both “Prepaid” and “Refill Postage?”
4. When the message "System Update Required-please wait" is displayed, press Enter/yes key.
5. Your meter will display the status of the download which will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. After the % Complete reaches 100%, the meter will display several messages and reboot while it prepares the new software. WAIT until the meter prompts “Download Complete” and then press Enter/yes key.
Do not unplug your power cord or disconnect your connection to the PB Data Centre at any time during this process. This could cause damage to your meter and require replacement.
6. Depending on your meters configuration, one or more messages will display. For example "During the Call: Sys. Files Install" may appear. Press the Enter/Yes key for each message. Once complete, the meter will return to the Home screen.
Important: If your meter did not display “Connection Required Connect-Press Enter” during step 6 you will need to connect for a second time to Upload Data, follow steps 2 & 3 above again.
This is all you will need to do to update your Mailstart Plus (+) & DM60 (K722) franking machine system.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for the Mailstart Plus (+) & DM60 (K722) franking machines.