What is a franking machine?
A franking machine will produce a franking impression onto your outgoing mail pieces, whilst accurately weighing and applying postage to your mail. It is basically the alternative to stamps. Postage will be downloaded onto your franking machine via a computer or telephone line and this will be used to pay for your postage. No more trips to the Post Office will be needed and keeping piles of stamps will be no more.
Whether you use an entry level machine or a more advanced machine, this process applies to all. You will be able to frank hundreds of letters and parcels throughout the life of the franking machine, saving countless pennies!
What are the benefits of using a franking machine?
- Access to Royal Mail Postage Discounts - A franking machine gives all users access to much lower postage discounts. This makes franking cheaper to use in comparison to stamps. The more mail you send the more money you save.
- Promote the Business - Every mail item can have a company logo or slogan franked onto it. This will not only improve the professional image of your mail pieces but it will also expand your business name. Let customers know of any offers your business has and much more.
- Print the Exact Postage - An integrated weighing scale usually comes as standard and this helps any user apply the correct postage price. Eliminate the risk of Royal Mail surcharge payments and never again miss pay.
- Simple & Easy to Use - Most franking machines come with various one touch buttons and a clear display screen. Both of these make the franking process quick and easy to complete by all.
- Smart Meter Technology - All modern franking machines come with smart meter technology as standard, allowing for all VAT services and products to be used whilst franking mail in improved smart blue franking machine ink. You can calculate your VAT much quicker and automatically, as well as automatically calculating your business mail advance service.
- Accounting Abilities - A franking machine will prove very beneficial at tax return time as all franking machines report postage costs. This means you will be able to claim your full tax return on all your postage expenditure.