Mailbase Lite / Mailbase / Mailbase Pro Common Errors Support
Contrast Issues with the Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro
The Mailcoms Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro franking machines occasionally might have contrast issues with the machines screen. If this is the case then you may be seeing a blue or blank screen, and this is a contrast issue. Fortunately it is easy to fix. Below you will be able to find out what this means and how to potentially resolve the issue.
How to fix a blank screen or a blue screen on the Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro
1. Turn of your franking machine and let it power down correctly. Give the machine a few minutes to do this.
2. Turn on your franking machine and let it power up correctly. Give the machine a few minutes to do this.
You will now still see a blank screen and you will be fixing this issue ‘blind’.
3. Press the Options button.
4. Press the bottom button on the left hand side of the screen. You will see three buttons, click the bottom button.
4a. IF your screen is blue, press the second button down on the left hand side of the screen (- button). Press this several times.
4b. IF your screen is blank, press the first button down on the left hand side of the screen (+ button). Press this several times.
This should fix any contrast issues you are experiencing. If not, please contact Mailcoms.
DE Error Codes for the Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro
The Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro franking machines occasionally show a DE Error Code. These issues tend to be due to connection issues and can all be resolved easily. Below you will be able to find out what the DE error codes mean and how to potentially resolve the issue. See if we can help you below.
DE Error Codes
DE00 – General Task Exception Error
DE01 – GFX_VALIDATE_ERROR, GFX file validation error after download
DE02 – GFX_INSTALL_ERROR, GFX file installation error after download
DE03 – XML_ATTR_NUM_ERR, Invalid number of attributes
DE04 – XML_ATTR_NAME_ERR, Invalid attribute name
DE05 – XML_STRUC_ERR, Invalid XMS structure
DE06 – XML_REPLY_ERR, XML reply error
DE07 – XML_PARSE_ERR, XML parse error
DE08 – MEMORY_ERR, No memory
DE09 – NULL_ARGUMENT, NULL argument
DE0A – ADD_DEVICE_ERR, Failed to add device
DE0B – NULL_PTR, NULL pointer
DE0C – INVALID_PTR, INVALID pointer
DE0D – IT_MSG_ERR, Intertask message error
DE0E – INVALID_MSG, Invalid message
DE0F – INVALID_URL, Invalid URL
DE10 – NO_RATE_MGR, No rate manager found
DE11 – SOCKET_CREATE_ERR, Failed to establish socket
DE12 – SOCKET_CLOSE_ERR, Failed to establish socket
DE13 – DNS_HOST_ERR, Unable to resolve DNS host
DE14 – SRV_CONN_ERR, Server connection error
DE15 – DATA_TX_ERR, Failed to send data
DE16 – DATA_RX_ERR, Failed to receive data
DE17 – INVALID_UPDATE_TYPE, Invalid update type
DE18 – UNDEFINED_UPDATE_TYPE, Undefined update type
DE19 – FTPC_OPEN_ERR, Failed to open FTP session
DE1A – FTPC_LOGIN_ERR, Failed to login FTP session
DE1B – FTPC_CHDIR_ERR, Failed to change directory
DE1C – FTPC_TYPE_ERR, Failed to change transfer type (binary)
DE1D – FTPC_CLOSE_ERR, Failed to close FTP session
DE1E – FTPC_TIME_OUT, FTP session Timed out
What they mean
DE error codes in general means a connection error has occurred. It can occur when you are trying to connect with the Data Centre. It could be caused by any of these conditions:
1. The Data Centre is not set up to communicate with your franking machine.
2. There is some other type of network problem.
3. If using PC Meter Connect, it might not be connected or isn’t working properly.
To resolve this issue, these are some of the things to consider:
1. Is this your first postage refill? If so, contact Mailcoms to make sure your franking machine is linked to your postage account.
2. There may be a network communication problem. Check your modem, router and other network connections.
3. Have you reached your credit limit? Do you have funds available to download?
4. If using PC Meter Connect software, make sure you have the most current version. Check to see if your USB cable is connected. If you want to try an analogue line instead of PC Meter Connect, make sure the USB cable is disconnected BEFORE you reboot your system.
5. Reboot your system. If this fails, perform a complete shutdown of the machine and reboot your system after three minutes.
How to Fix Flashing Lights on the Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro
The Mailcoms Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro franking machines occasionally may show flashing lights on the navigation panel. If this issue seems to be occurring on your Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro franking machine, then this can be easily fixed. Read below to see how to potentially fix flashing up, flashing down or flashing power lights on these franking machines.
How to Solve
1. Remove Connection cable from the franking machine. This could be the LAN, PC or Analogue Phone cables.
2. Reboot the machine at the mains without the connection cable plugged in. Power cable only.
3. This should clear the problem.
If this does not solve the issue then please contact Mailcoms urgently using the details below.
How to Resolve Printer Error Codes for the Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro
The Mailcoms Mailbase Lite, Mailbase & Mailbase Pro franking machines may occasionally show a printer error code. These error codes tend to be due to printer issues. As a result your franking machine will not be printing correctly and it may show an error code like the ones you see below. Below you will be able to find out what the printer error codes mean and how to resolve the issue. See if we can help you below.
Printer Error Codes
0102, 0104, 0106, 0110, 0112, 0116, 0306, 0308, 0309, 2305, 2306, 2307, 2308, 2309, 2400, 2401, 2444, 2446, 2447, 2503, 2507, 2518, 24A1, 24A2, 24A3, 24A4, 24A5, 030D, 0324, 0325, 0326, 0327, 0328, 0329, 0802, 2304, 2304, 010E, 030D, 030E, 032A, or 032B.
You may be able to clear the error by restarting your franking machine and cleaning the print head.
Follow these steps for a safe restart:
1. Unplug the power cord
2. Wait one to three minutes
3. Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet
If the error returns after restarting your franking machine, follow these steps to clean the print head:
1. Remove the scale
2. Open the ink door
3. Select Change Ink Tank
4. Once the printer carriage has moved to the front position, open the green latch
5. Remove the ink tank
6. Pinch the grey levers together, and remove the print head
7. Using a link free cloth, remove any excess ink, and wipe the print head
8. Carefully remove any ink that is on the gold-colored print head contacts on the meter
9. Reinstall the print head, making sure the grey levers click in place
10. Reinstall the ink tank
11. Close the ink door
12. Reinstall the scale
13. If the issue is unresolved after following these steps, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.