IS460 / IS480 Common Errors Support
How to Clean the Mail Path Sensors
Occasionally you will need to clean the mail path sensors in your Neopost IS460 / IS480 franking machine. Below you will be able to find how to clean the mail path sensors, simply follow our guide.
The sensors are light sensitive devices successively covered by the envelopes during their travel along the mail path. To clean the mail path sensors:
1. Use a damp cloth or 70° alcohol on a cotton applicator.
2. Allow the parts to dry and close all covers and assemblies.
How to Clear Mail Jammed in the Base
Occasionally the Neopost IS460 / IS480 franking machines will jam. When this happens the franking machine will not frank as something is jamming the base of the franking machine. Below you will be able to find how to clear mail jams in the base, simply follow our guide.
To clear mail jammed in the Base:
1. Pull the release handle located underneath the base to lower the transport belts and wheels. Hold the handle.
2. Using your other hand, remove the jammed envelopes.
3. Release the jam release handle to put the transport belt and wheels back in position.
Making a Payment Online with the IS460 / IS480
Occasionally you will want to make a payment on the Neopost IS460 / IS480 franking machines. Below you will be able to find out how to make a payment online with the IS460 / IS480 franking machines.
Making a Payment Online
1. Simply click on this link and follow the online instructions: https://myneopost.co.uk/make-payment/
2. You will require your Postage Account Number and Installation Number. Contact your franking machine supplier if you are unaware of these details.
Performing the Update Registration Procedure to Change your Address
Potentially when you have the Neopost IS460 / IS480 franking machine your business may move address. This is a very common occurrence and if this was to happen you will have to contact your franking machine supplier. Below you will be able to find out how you would proceed with your franking when you move address, simply follow our guide.
This procedure is to be used if you have changed address.
First contact your franking machine supplier to update your details, then you will be instructed to perform the update registration procedure by the USB key you will be sent.
Check that your franking machine is connected to the network before starting.
To run the registration update:
1. Log in as a supervisor.
2. Press Menu.
3. Select Maintenance and press OK.
4. Select Processes and press OK. A confirmation message is displayed.
5. Press OK.
6. Select Update registration.
7. Connect your USB memory key and press OK.
8. Select the new town die and press OK.