Connect Plus Series Accounts Support
How to create an account
Follow these steps to create an account:
Note: If users are enabled on your system, this feature is only available to users with supervisor access rights.
1. From the Home screen, select Manage Accounts.
2. Select Create new account.
3. If there are existing accounts on the system, you will be prompted to create a new account or add a sub account. Select Create new account.
4. Enter the account name and select OK.
5. Enter the code for the account and select OK.
6. Enter the description for the account (optional), and select OK.
7. Ensure the status is set to Active.
8. If you want to password-protect this account, select the Password field. Note: Account passwords must be enabled to password-protect an account.
9. Enter the password and select OK.
10. Re-enter the password and select OK.
11. Select OK.
12. A dialog box displays indicating that the account as been created.
13. If you wish to create another account, select Create another new account.
14. Select Add a sub account to this account if you wish to create a sub account for this account.
15. Select Done to return to the Manage Accounts screen.
How to create a user
Follow these steps to create a user:
Note: Supervisor access rights are required to create a user.
1. Select the Settings button under Mailing on the Home screen. The Settings screen displays.
2. Select System from the list on the left side of the screen.
3. Select Users.
4. Select Add new. The Create Users screen displays.
5. Select the Username field to add the new username.
6. Enter the username and select OK.
7. If passwords are required on your system, select the Password field.
8. Enter the password and select OK. Note: Passwords are required for users with supervisor access.
9. Select the appropriate user role: OPERATOR or SUPERVISOR.
10. If necessary, select the Password hint field to add a password hint.
11. Enter the hint and select OK.
12. Select OK to return to the user settings screen.
13. Select Done to return to the Home screen.
How to move a transaction to another account
Follow these steps to move a transaction:
Note: If the Business Manager accounting suite is being used, move the transaction with Business Manager software.
1. From the Home screen, select Manage Accounts.
2. Select Transactions.
3. Select View and Edit Transactions. Note: If the user is in an Operator role, only the Reports tab will be visible. The user must be in the Supervisor role to edit a transaction.
4. Create a filter to locate transactions that the user wishes to switch to another account:
a) Select Add criterion.
b) Select Account.
c) Press Next.
d) Press Add accounts.
e) Select the accounts to search.
f) Select OK to accept the chosen accounts.
g) Verify accounts that display are the desired accounts to search. Make any needed corrections.
h) Select OK.
i) Select View transactions (on the lower right).
j) Select the transaction you want to assign to another account.
k) Select Actions.
l) Select Edit transaction.
m) Select Account (the asterisk [*] denotes a required field).
n) Pick a new account from the list.
o) Select OK twice.
Note: The transaction will not report to the other account instantaneously. Accounting information needs to sync with the accounting server before the changes show in a report.
Note: To filter based on a Date (instead of Account):
1. Select Date from the Add criterion menu.
2. Select the appropriate period from the menu on the left.
• For a period other than that shown, select Custom.
• Pick the start date, end date, or time to be altered. If this is a search that the user may do again, save it for future use.
3. Select View transactions on the lower right.
4. Select the transaction that you wish to assign to another account.
5. Select Actions.
6. Select Edit transaction.
7. Select Account (the asterisk [*] denotes a required field).
8. Pick a new account from the list.
9. Select OK twice.
How to run an accounting report
To run an account report follow these steps:
1. Select the Manage Accounts button on the Home screen.
2. Select Reports.
3. Select View & edit reports.
4. Select the report you wish to view.
5. Select Next.
6. If necessary, you can modify the report settings. Select a setting, and then make the appropriate changes. The settings vary depending upon the report selected.
7. Select View report.
8. If necessary, select the Actions menu to save, delete, export or print the report. Select the appropriate option and follow the prompts.
9. Select Done.
How to export an accounting report
Accounting reports can be exported to a USB drive in .csv, .xls, and .pdf formats. Follow the steps below to export an accounting report:
1. Insert a USB drive into an available port on the mailing system.
2. Select the Manage Accounts button on the Home screen.
3. Select Reports.
4. Select View & edit reports.
5. Select the report you want to export.
6. Select the Next button.
7. Set the dates, accounts and other settings for your report. The settings vary depending upon the report selected. Optional: Select View Report to preview the report.
8. Select Actions.
9. Select Export report. The report export screen displays.
10. Select the File name field.
a) Enter the name you would like the report saved as.
b) Select OK.
11. Select the Export to: field.
12. Select the drive you wish to export the report to and select Open.
13. Chose the folder you wish the file to be saved in and select Select this folder.
14. Select the export file type.
15. Select OK.
16. The system will alert you when the export is complete. Select OK.
17. Select Cancel to return to the report list.