Hopefully you read our recent blog on how to prepare your franked mail the right way for the Royal Mail. Now all you have to do is post it, or drop it off at your local Post Office.
By preparing your mail the right way, your mail will get to its destination much faster and with less mail handling. We have therefore put together some guidelines and important points for you to follow so that you can ensure your mail is delivered more efficiently and effectively.
– Separate your letters by size and service. Sort them into first class or second class frank as well as the envelope size. Follow our support page here to assist.
– Ensure the address on the envelope faces upwards and that the franking impression is in the top right corner. Secure the bundle of envelopes with an elastic band.
– Put your letters into the correct pouches. Red is for first class, green is for second class and white is for international mail. Pouches can be ordered online for free.
– Each pouch cannot exceed 200 regular sized letters, or 45 large letters.
– If you use the Franked Special Delivery service or International Signed For service, they must be kept separate. Then hand these items to a Post Office to ensure you get the correct service you have paid for.
– You can post your franked mail in a local Post Office, at a Royal Mail Delivery Office or at a Mail Centre. Business Post Boxes are also available.
– Separate the parcels and packets according to the class they have been franked.
– Place your items into Royal Mail bags and secure them with either first class or second class ties.
– Keep a close eye on the weight of a Royal Mail bag as they cannot exceed 11 Kg.
– Drop off your bag at the local Post Office or Royal Mail Delivery Office & Mail Centre.
Another thing to remember is that the Royal Mail will collect your post directly from your business building. A fee is usually applied for this, but if you send over a certain amount of mail every year then this will be free.
If you are interested in getting a franking machine or upgrading to a Mailmark franking machine with even lower prices available, then please view our franking machine page here or call us today on 01543 572 776.
We are a Royal Mail Authorised Independent Inspector & Maintainer of Franking Machines with over 20,000 customers nationwide and we can supply you with our very own range of models.