Changes being made to Royal Mail Parcel Services & Prices
Starting from 20th October 2014, the Royal Mail are making some key changes to their parcel services and prices. This is so that customers can make extra savings when using their brand new Bigger Small Parcel size.
Royal Mail’s NEW Bigger Small Parcel Size
As of 20th October 2014, you will now be able to send more mail for less with the Royal Mail’s brand new bigger Small Parcel size. Royal Mail have decided to change the dimensions for a Small Parcel so customers can send more mail for a lower price.
Royal Mail have taken the largest dimensions from their previous wide and deep Small Parcel sizes and combined them into one larger size. The new bigger Small Parcel size is now: 45cm x 35cm x 16cm. The bigger Small parcel weight is now up to 2 Kg.
Sending parcels with the larger small parcel size is easy. From 20th October 2014 up to and including the 18th January 2015, when you send a 1 – 2 Kg small parcel by 2nd Class or Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class it will be the exact same price as a 0 – 1 Kg small parcel with franking.
- Standard 1 – 2 Kg 2nd Class small parcel was £3.50, now £2.50
- Signed For 2nd Class 1 -2 Kg small parcel was £4.60, now £3.60
Take advantage of this new bigger Small Parcel service this Christmas!
What does this mean for customers!
- Mailmark Franking Machine Users – as Mailmark machines update your tariffs automatically, you can keep on franking as usual
- Smart Franking Machine Users – continue to frank as usual and you will be refunded the difference on a monthly basis through your franking machine supplier / manufacturer.
- Regular Franking Machine Users – manually put the relevant product and promotional price into your franking machine. If you use a wall chart by your machine, you shall be aware of the cheaper process.
- Customers sending Small Parcels using a stamp can now enjoy a £1 saving compared to last year. This is when you send a parcel up to 2 Kg for only £2.80.
- Customers sending parcels using a franking machine can find out more about the new Small Parcel size and prices at: http://www.royalmail.com/franking-services/hub
Find out more about this change via: https://www.mailcoms.co.uk/ratechange/
Find out more about this change at Royal Mail’s website at: http://www.royalmail.com/parcel-despatch-low/uk-delivery/how-buy-our-services/franking