Mymail Printing Support
Fixing Printing Problems with the Mymail
The ink cartridge in the FP Mailing Mymail is manufactured using a HP45 ink cartridge. This sometimes need maintenance usually caused by either clogged up nozzles caused by paper dust or it can dry out if not used for a period of time. To resolve the problem try performing the following:
1. Remove the ink cartridge from the franking machine by pressing ‘Menu’ then select ‘Cartridge’ then ‘Remove’.
2. Holding the alcohol wipe enclosed with your cartridge or a few sheets of tissue paper against the heads hold the cartridge so the brass print heads are pointing down and away from you and shake well. (INK MAY LEAK SO USE WITH CAUTION!!!)
3. Check to see if the ink is flowing well. You should see a sets of solid ‘tram’ lines like this:
4. If you see the similar to the image below, either no ink or broken ‘tram’ lines, wipe the print heads using the alcohol wipe enclosed or damp tissue and try the process again.
5. If the problem persists try cleaning the brass print heads with a cloth & some warm soapy water then repeat the process above.