DM300c / DM300M Printing Support
How to Replace the Ink Cartridge on the DM300c & DM300M
Watch this video to learn how to replace the ink cartridge on your DM300c & DM300M franking machine.
Follow these steps to replace the ink cartridge:
1. Remove the Scale
2. Open the top cover
3. Select Replace Ink Tank
4. Unlock the green ink tank cartridge guard
5. Lift and remove old ink (tank) cartridge
6. Remove tape on bottom of new ink (tank) cartridge
7. Lower the ink tank into the cavity. The ridges on either side of the cartridge will slide into the grooves.
8. Close the Green ink tank cartridge guard. It should click when fully closed.
9. Close the cover. The system automatically recognizes the new cartridge.
10. When the system prompts to print a test pattern, select one of the following options:
Select Yes, Print Test Pattern to print a test pattern
Select No to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen
11. Replace the scale
How to Replace the Print Head on the DM300c & DM300M
Watch this video to learn how to replace the print head on your DM300c & DM300M franking machine.
Follow these steps to replace the print head:
1. If you have a scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the machine
2. Open the ink tank access cover
3. The screen will display two options: Replace Print head OR Replace Ink Tank. Select Replace Print Head.
4. The carriage will move forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
5. Remove the ink cartridge and place it down on a flat surface with the red circle facing up.
6. Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the print head. While squeezing, lift and tilt to the right. The print head should lift easily from the machine.
7. Unpackage your new print head; remove the protective tape from the bottom.
8. Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the new print head and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure you press the top left and right of the gray tabs to lock the new print head into position.
9. Reinstall the ink tank carriage and relock the green latch
10. Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable
11. The machine will detect the new print head and prompt to run a maintenance feature
12. The system prompts to print a test pattern. Select one of the following options:
Select Yes, Print Test Pattern. Learn how to print a test pattern and troubleshooting poor print.
Select No to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen.
How to Resolve Poor Print Quality on the DM300c & DM300M
Watch this video to learn how to resolve print issues, such as streaking, blotching, or fading, on your DM300c & DM300M franking machine.
To fix poor print quality issues, start by making sure you are using a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge. After that, you need to do a purge, and then clean the print head. Follow these steps to perform these procedures:
1. Press Options
2. Press Page Down
3. Press Maintenance
5. Press Printer Maintenance
6. Press Clean Printer Nozzle
7. Select Purge C
8. When the purge finishes, the prompt to insert an envelope or label to print a test pattern displays. Insert an envelope or label as you normally would to print postage.
9. Your test pattern should appear as a grid with no broken lines or smears in the pattern: If the test pattern looks good, press Enter/Yes, then press Home to return to your Home screen OR if your test pattern looks incorrect, select No, Clean Nozzle to repeat the purge. You can do this up to three times, if needed.
10. Start print head cleaning
10a. Select Replacement
10b. Select Replace Print Head
10c. Remove the scale, if one is present
11. Access the print head
11a. Open the ink tank access cover. The print assembly moves to the front of the franking machine
11b. Open the print head cover
11c. Remove the ink cartridge from the print assembly, and set it aside with the red circle facing up
12. While squeezing the clips that hold the print head in place, lift the print head up and out of the franking machine.
13. Wipe the copper-colored section of your print head with a dry, lint-free cloth.
14. Re-install the print head in the franking machine, making sure it clicks in place.
15. Re-insert the ink cartridge and close the print head cover.
16. Close the ink tank access cover. The ink tank mechanism re-initializes.
17. You will be prompted to print a test pattern, Select Yes.
If the print quality is not optimal after completing all steps, you may need to replace the print head