The Royal Mail was established in 1516, headquartered in London, and ever since they have been collecting and sending mail across the UK. Since 1516, The Royal Mail were seen as a public service, however following the Postal Services Act 2011 the government can sell Royal Mail Shares to private investors. The government still owns 38% of the shares via the Postal Services Holding Company plc.
The Royal Mail is the largest postal service in the UK. They specialize in collecting and delivering mail across the UK and they are responsible for universal mail collection and delivery to the UK. To use this fantastic service, simply stamp or frank your mail and send it to a post box. The Royal Mail will then collect and deliver your mail to its destination. If you frank your mail, you
will find that using The Royal Mail postal service is much cheaper. To frank mail you need a franking machine, to view or buy one simply click the franking machine link here.
The Royal Mail offer many services to the UK. They Include:
- Universal Service – this allows mail to be sent to anywhere in the UK at a fixed price.
- Special Delivery – this allows mail to be sent the next day between 1pm to 9pm for an increased cost.
- Business Services – allows businesses to print franks onto their mail and use franks instead of stamps.
- Prohibited Goods – this prohibits certain goods from being delivered to its destination if the mail is considered unsafe or dangerous.
You can send mail at different speeds by paying more money. To view the postage rates of the Royal Mail, please Click below.
- Royal Mail Postage Rates 2013 | Royal Mail Postage Rates 2013 PDF
- Royal Mail Postage Rates 2014 | Royal Mail Postage Rates 2014 PDF
Click >> Browse our entire range of franking machines and get the best for your company.
Click >> Top up your mail-room supplies draw with our franking machine supplies store.